How to deal with skin problems from masks ? How to choose an appropriate and effective mask for the prevention of COVID-19? Choose a mask that is close to the shape of your face. There is no room for germs to enter. By avoiding wearing a face mask where the ear strap is tightened too tightly If wearing a cloth mask Should choose the type that is produced from natural fibers. Like cotton muslin and pulp cloth. Which fabrics are airy and breathable better than synthetic masks.
During the day if not in a crowded public place. Should remove the mask for about 15 minutes every 4 hours to allow the skin to drain moisture. And should change the mask every day Or change a new mask after a lot of sweaty activities. To prevent germs and dirt from touching the surface If it’s a cloth mask. Should be washed every day with soap or detergent that is gentle on the skin. or use an iron with a temperature of about 180–220 degrees Celsius. Iron the mask on both sides. May help kill germs on the mask.
In addition, do not touch the mask with your hands while wearing it and wash your hands regularly. To prevent COVID-19 infection From accidentally bringing hands to touch the eyes or mouth.
Keep the skin clean on a regular basis with the following methods
- Wash your face thoroughly twice a day, in the morning and at bedtime. Or after doing activities that sweat a lot By using products that are gentle on the skin Contains no oils, fragrances and sulfates that may cause skin irritation and clogging.
- Apply a moisturizer. (Moisturizer) after washing your face and before wearing a mask. To add moisture to the skin And nourish lips not to dry out with petroleum jelly .
- Avoid wearing makeup when you have acne to prevent clogging the skin. Or choose to use cosmetics that specify the words Non-Comedogenic stated on the label, which may cause lower skin irritation than conventional cosmetics.
- Refrain from using products that contain harsh chemicals, such as exfoliants and retinoids, during any irritated skin areas.
- Use a physical sunscreen that contains Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, which is gentler on the skin than Chemical Sunscreen and choose a fragrance-free sunscreen. To reduce the risk of skin irritation
Wearing a surgical mask as a means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 Effectively. But it can make a lot of people feel uncomfortable and uncomfortable with their skin. And when a skin problem occurs, it becomes more stressful and anxious to wear. This will help prevent acne breakouts and other skin problems from wearing a surgical mask.However, you should see your doctor when your skin problems develop, or signs of infection.